Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Star above the Garter





 This tune has been sitting in my head for some time now, although I didn't quite put it in my fingers until recently after listening to the recording, The Star above the Garter, Fiddle music from Kerry, played by Denis Murphy and Julia Clifford.  Here, you will hear two gorgeous fiddles, a brother and sister team playing tunes synonymous with the Kerry/ Cork tradition
     Slides are not to be mistaken as hornpipes, single jigs, polkas, or double jigs.  As you will hear from the video, I slowed down the tune for your learning pleasure, but keep in mind that this tune is to be played quickly, at about 150bpm for set dancing.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Very Nice Blog. I Have Read Your Post. It Is Very Informative And Useful Thanks For Posting And Sharing With Us And Your Writing Style Is Very Nice.
    Buy Mideast Irish flute

    ReplyDelete